About Me

My photo
Paige, 20, psychology student and beauty enthusiast. Naturally resemble a chicken nugget, use makeup to disguise myself as a regular person. If you'd like to contact me, my blog email is jabbatofabba@gmail.com

Monday 11 July 2016

July Glossybox! Updated (mascara mix up)

The postman literally just delivered my Glossybox and I really wanted to write about it this month. All the excitement of getting a kitten has kept me busy and I haven't made a post since my I Heart Makeup Giveaway (still open til the 14th of July by the way!) so I decided to jump in and get writing while she's fast asleep - and looking as adorable as ever.

First of all, I love the way the Glossyboxes are packaged, they always look so chic and it's like getting a present once a month!



The theme is Summer, and the first product I picked up out of the box is all about that. It's the Utan & Tone Nourishing Night Cream (RRP £12.50). It's a clear and odourless night cream that gives a gradual tan overnight! I'm super excited about this product because I'm currently using the Garnier Summer Body gradual tanner but I don't like using it on my face because I have really sensitive dry skin, especially on my face, so I think this will be ideal for tanning my face without drying out the skin, as it contains hyaluronic acid, vitamins and anti-oxidants, and while I'm not an expert on skincare, those ingredients are supposedly hydrating and good for skin repair so it sounds great to me! 

The next product in the box is the Soft & Gentle Hair Minimise Anti Perspirant (RRP £2.99), which while being a regular anti-perspirant is supposed to also reduce hair growth, through the inclusion of something called Keliosoft. Looking forward to seeing the effects of this, because (and I know I can't be the only one) I hate having to shave every day, it's such a chore, so if this helps then I'm all for it, especially as it's so affordable.

Then I picked up the Collection Supersized Fat Lash mascara (£2.99). I didn't receive any information on this as on the little leaflet you get with the box it actually says I should've received the Icona Milano waterproof mascara (which if I'm honest I would've preferred because my eyes are so bloody sensitive, the slightest thing sets them off and then my eye makeup is all over my face), but I have contacted Glossybox so hopefully I'll find out why I received the wrong product. I'm not sure what to expect with this mascara. It claims to be volumising but from looking at the wand I'm expecting to get more length than volume, but I'll give it a go anyway and get back to you!


The penultimate product in the box is the Hairon De-tangle Brush (RRP £6.99), which is designed to detangle wet hair without breakage. I have quite brittle and breakable hair, so hopefully this might help. It looks suspiciously like the tangle teaser, but I never got round to purchasing that so I'll get loads of use out of this product. I love the pastel blue colour of it as well.

Lastly, and potentially the item I was most excited to receive, is the Blank Canvas F20 Flat Bush (RRP £11.95). Just from looking at it I feel like it will be my new favourite brush for applying foundation. The brush feels really nice and heavy, so it just feels more sturdy. The super soft dense synthetic fibres supposedly give a 'flawless HD finish' and that's what I want from my foundation, I'm sure you'll hear more about this once I've tried it.


Glossybox is £10.00 plus p+p, so it's really good value for money, and for someone like me who loves trying different products, its a great way to try a variety.

Any of these catch your eye?

See you again soon,

Paige x

UPDATE - 26/07/2016

After a few back-and-forth emails with Glossybox concerning my unboxed hairox brush and incorrect mascara (or product card as they claimed), they finally sent me the Icona Milano mascara (which I absolutely love for daytime fluttery lashes!), and a new brush in its box this time (my original hairox brush wasn't boxed) and although  the box it came in was battered I can't blame Glossybox as that's more likely due to the courier.
They also sent me the Talika Photo-Hydra day moisturiser (30ml), which is a beautifully light weight but rich moisturiser (retailing for £25 on the Glossybox website) that I'm loving, as an extra little gift to apologise for the mix up. It might have taken a little while but overall I'm happy with how it was handled and I will be continuing my subscription because I love the variety of products!

No comments:

Post a Comment